Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Beginning of TCOPE-- 6 JANUARY 2009


Ladies & Gentlemen.............
Quitters and Cavers.............
I am quit. For 100 days today.

I got here one day at a time. I got here with a hell of a lot of pain and anguish. I got here for me. But most importantly I got here with the help of an interesting group of characters from an internet site called Kill The Can.

There are literally hundreds of posts on KTC talking about the effectiveness of the site and how to use the site. I, for one, didn't think it would work. I'm a pretty keep to myself guy but you know what?? As strange as it sounds, I kept a fucking promise that I couldn't keep to my family or myself. I kept a promise to a bunch of lunatics that I don't even know. And it saved my life.........

The blog you are reading now is, I guess, my HOF speech.

If you were in the FOQers of April 09, you'll probably see yourself somewhere included in my posts. My HOF speech/blog is divided up by week and meant to emphasize some of the things that I feel are important in getting past 100 days.

Many of you in the April group were essential to my quit although I'm sure you didn't know it at the time.
Neither did I until I began to look back over the posts and my diary for the 100 days.

Maybe it was a preposterous rant that one of you made that made me even angrier than I already was in fighting off the nic bitch.

Perhaps it was one of your humorous jabs at someone that made me smirk.

This blog is filled with my WEEKLY RULES FOR QUITTING TOBACCO AND GETTING TO THE HOF.
But more importantly this blog is filled with your funny posts, your serious posts, your ludicrous posts, your ranting posts and more.

Basically, you guys are my HOF speech.

I've approached it like this for a couple of reasons.
1. I want some concise place to go back to IF I EVER EVEN CONTEMPLATE CAVING. Yes, I will continue to use the KTC site but I want to also have a back up. Believe me, reading what you wrote 100 days ago is reassuring!! This is an even deeper commitment from me to you.

2. I wanted to document some bit of history for the guys and gals of this group. There are probably over a million posts (exageration) for our group. This pulls some of the good ones. Hopefully you'll enjoy reading as well. This was YOUR quit as well as MINE. Together it was OURS.

So from a HOF speech it's pretty lame. However, YOU GUYS ARE my Hall of Fame. Listening to your words is the only way that I got here. They helped me to formulate the RULES OF THE WEEK and I am sharing them with you today.

Take a glance at each of my posts/weeks. They lead you through our 100 days and each post is divided up into what I formulated as my guiding principals for my quit and followed by your words and wisdom in the form of posts.

For those of you that want the CLIFF NOTES VERSION:
14 WEEKS OF RULES INCLUDE:
WEEK 1: COMMITTMENT
WEEK 2: CONFUSION
WEEK 3: COMMUNITY
WEEK 4: ACCOUNTABILITY
WEEK 5: FIRST TIMES
WEEK 6: LOVE
WEEK 7: ATTITUDE
WEEK 8: PLAN
WEEK 9: FREEDOM
WEEK 10: ENJOY BUT BEWARE
WEEK 11: COUNT YOUR MONEY
WEEK 12: HELP A BUDDY
WEEK 13: WRITE AND REFLECT
WEEK 14 (HOF): DREAM

Enjoy them all and a nostalgic look back at the first 100 days of the April FOQers.

TCOPE (Todd Copley)

No comments:

Post a Comment